COVID 19 UPDATE 06/05/2020
********** FACE MASKS MANDATORY UPON ENTERING PER EXECUTIVE ORDER **********
****** WE WILL BE TAKING PATIENT TEMPERATURES BEGINNING 06/08/2020******
We hope this updated information finds everyone Healthy, as we are all trying to adjust to the different Phases of the COVID 19 Pandemic.
At this time, we just wanted to update everyone on a few things with regards to State Of The Art Physical Therapy.
We are an ESSENTIAL SERVICE & We are OPEN
We are DISINFECTING ABOVE & BEYOND than before
We are washing our hands CONSTANTLY
We are "VERBALLY" checking in our patients - no more sign in
We are treating patients using "SOCIAL DISTANCING"
We are wearing our mandated "PROTECTIVE MASK"
We will wear GLOVES if you request us too
We are right HERE when you need us or if you just have Questions
We are taking every precaution to "PROTECT YOU"!
We CARE about you and your HEALTH, we MISS you
WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS TOGETHER!
State Of The Art Physical Therapy would like to offer "TELEHEALTH" to our patients who are interested in continuing their rehabilitation.
(Telehealth refers to the practice of caring for patients remotely when the provider and patient are not physically present with each other. Modern technology has enabled health care providers to consult patients by using HIPAA compliant video-conferencing tools or telephones for those who may not have access to the most modern technology.)
To set up a Telehealth visit, please call us 703-723-5225 or Email us at: Frontdesk@ptbyart.com
****We may only offer Telehealth for "currently established patients" at this time.
****We will continue to schedule regular "In office Initial Evaluations", with the option of the patient choosing to continue with regular office visits or Telehealth.
At State Of The Art Physical Therapy, your health and well-being is our top priority.
We are monitoring recommendations from the health authorities and we are open to provide the personal care needed for our patients treatment and journey to recovery.
We would like to share some details on the standard daily practices which we have always had at our clinics in addition to extra steps we are taking in light of the virus.
Standard practices that our patients have always experienced at State Of The Art Physical Therapy include:
- All of our linens are single use and are cleaned using detergent on high heat
Wiping down of all treatment beds and equipment after each use with hospital grade disinfectant
- Our clinics are fully equipped with hand washing stations as well as hand sanitizer
Cleaning high-touch areas with medical grade disinfectant (e.g., door handles, common area surfaces, railings, chairs, light switches, payment machines, exercise equipment and treatment tools)
- Our staff wash their hands thoroughly between treating each patient
Additional steps we are taking now include:
- Additional training to our staff on increased sanitization/hand hygiene recommendations
- Advising our staff to stay home if they are feeling unwell or have travelled by air in the last 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has travelled by air in the previous 14 days
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning all items listed above
- Monitoring information from our health authorities to adjust our plan based on recommendations
We know that the COVID-19 virus can be alarming and a bit scary. At State Of The Art Physical Therapy, we see this as a partnership journey with you as we make it a priority to take care of each other.
The steps that we have put in place are due both to our love for our patients but also for our great staff who are here for our patients.
We can all play a role in this joint battle with the virus.
We respectfully request that our patients:
- Wash their hands prior to entering our facility and use hand sanitizer in our lobby
- Reschedule appointments for a future date if you are feeling unwell, have travelled by air in the previous 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has travelled by air in the previous 14 days
Here are some tips that we can all follow in our daily lives:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water (for at least 20 seconds). Alcohol based hand sanitizer is a good option if soap and warm water is not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Regularly clean high touch objects and surfaces
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- If you feel sick, stay home and avoid public spaces
At State Of The Art Physical Therapy, the health of our patients is the cornerstone of why we exist. We look forward to continuing to be a partner in your health and wellness journey and taking steps with our patients to create a healthy and sanitary environment.
The team @ State Of The Art Physical Therapy